Chris Maxcey, D.O., specializes in obstetrics and gynecology (OB-GYN) at Utica Park Clinic. His professional areas of interest include minimally invasive gynecology, robotic surgery, high risk obstetrics and health equity.
Dr. Maxcey said his inspiration to pursue a career in medicine started with being raised in a family who enjoyed teaching. He said, “My parents both taught Sunday school while I was growing up and my mom continues to teach early childhood education. Initially, I considered becoming a teacher, but found that medicine is a nice blend of education and the other subjects I enjoy.”
His interests with OB-GYN became more prevalent after completing his rotations during medical school. He said from that experience he learned he could provide quality, continuity of care for women in their different seasons of life. “I liked hospital medicine, the office and the operating room. I felt that OB-GYN was a nice way to combine those three things,” he said.
Dr. Maxcey values building relationships with his patients and creating a trusting foundation of care. He said, “What's most important to me is realizing that it's a collaborative approach and shared decision making is key. Demonstrating mutual respect and finding a way to meet the patient where their health goal is.”
At the end of the day, Dr. Maxcey encourages everyone to advocate for yourself and to never be afraid to ask questions regarding your care.
Dr. Maxcey’s education and career experience include:
• Residency in obstetrics and gynecology (OB-GYN) at Ascension Genesys Hospital in Grand Blanc, MI, 2023
• Doctor of osteopathic (D.O.) medicine degree at Oklahoma State University (OSU) in Tulsa, 2019
• Bachelor of Science degree in agriculture with a major in biochemistry and molecular biology at Oklahoma State University (OSU), 2015
Dr. Maxcey’s awards and major accomplishments include:
• Nominated resident of the year at Ascension Genesys Hospital, 2023
• Served as chief resident during his residency, 2022-2023
• Served as chair of resident education during his residency, 2021-2022
• Recipient of the departmental award for the graduating class at OSU-COM for Clinical Skills, 2019
• Two-time recipient of the Gold TOUCH Award during medical school, an award presented after reaching 100+ volunteer hours in a year, 2015-2017
Outside of work, Dr. Maxcey enjoys spending time with his dog, cooking, gardening and traveling. “I am also an avid collector of state Starbucks mugs,” he added.
He welcomes new patients and accepts most insurance plans at the following locations:
In Tulsa at:
Utica Park Clinic
1120 S. Utica Ave., suite G100
Tulsa, OK 74104
In Cushing at:
Utica Park Clinic - Cushing
1030 E. Cherry St.
Cushing, OK 74023
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 918-392-0175. To send a fax, dial 918-392-0176.