- Diabetes Education
- Home Health Care
- Kidney Stone Center
- Oklahoma Heart Institute
- Pregnancy & Childbirth
- Respiratory Therapy
- Senior Concepts
- Sleep Study Center
- Specialty Services
- Therapy Services
- Transitions Program
- Women's Health Center
- Childbirth Education
Referrals can be made 24 hours a day by calling 918/225-8400 or 877/235-2773 .
Transitions is a geriatrics program designed for individuals fifty (50) years of age and older, who are experiencing emotional stress or psychological difficulties during this phase of their lives. Diagnosis and treatment are available for a wide range of disorders including:
- Dementia/Memory Loss or Confusion
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Depression/Mood Disorders/Anxiety
- Chemical Dependency
- Post Traumatic Stress
- Organic Mental Disorders
Transitions is located on the fourth floor of Hillcrest Hospital Cushing. It is a 13 bed unit and all exits are electronically secured for the confidentiality and security of our clients.
Functions of the Program
The goal of Transitions is to improve or maintain the mental, social, emotional, functional and physical status of the participant. In addition, we strive to maximize each individual’s personal independence and quality of life. The functions of Transitions include, but are not limited to:
- Skilled assessment of the psycho-emotional, social, economic and environmental factors related to the participant’s illness, need for care, response to treatment and adjustment to care; followed by care plan development.
- Counseling for long-range planning and decision making, including: assessment of the participant’s needs for long-term care, evaluation of the home and family situation and enabling the participant and family to develop a community-based care system.
- Community resource planning, including: education, advocacy, referral and linkage to community services.
- Counseling or goal-directed intervention directed toward: management of terminal illness, reaction and adjustment to illness, strengthening the family support system and conflict resolution related to the chronicity of the illness.
- Crisis intervention and problem resolution associated with high risk indicators endangering the participant’s mental and physical health, such as behavioral dyscontrol, substance abuse and suicidal potential.
The following is a list of criteria for admission to the Hillcrest Hospital Cushing behavioral health services unit:
- Primary Psychiatric Diagnosis
- Must be medically stable
- Must be age 50 or over
- Must be able to ambulate with assistance
- Must be able to participate in behavioral program
How to Make a Referral
Clients are referred to the Transitions program from a variety of sources. Many are referred by a physician, while others may be referred by family or friends who are concerned about changes or difficulties the older adult is experiencing. All individuals referred to the Transitions program are eligible to receive a free evaluation and assessment. This is completed by a counselor or nurse and is done at the hospital or on site at the referring facility by a case manager. Transportation is also available by one or more of our trained staff.